10 Important Parenting Tips To Take Care Of Your Kid
Parenting is not a course of study. It is not a skill training program, It is not an art, and it is not a business but is a natural love and mutual understanding between you and your children. Good Parenting is parenting that fosters elements like honesty, empathy, self-reliance, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness.
what makes a Good Parent?
A good parent is one who always brings the best in his child.
Who is a good parent?
First of all, a parent is not perfect in all acceptable sense. In this way, a parent needs to understand that “No child is perfect either“.
Considering this in mind is important when we set our expectations from them(realistic expectations). This is the true essence of parenting.
As a parent, once we understand this thing then we can aim and work towards that goal.
All-Time 10 Important Tips of Parenting
- Your Contact With A Child– The first step for successful parenting depends on the way parents connecting with their child. A parent should always make a connection with his child which is the key to any relationship. The parents need to create a healthy atmosphere in the family.
- Focus On What’s Good About Your Children– Instead of pointing out their weak points good parent is the one who focuses on the child’s good areas. Make them realize how their choices matter to you. Being a parent one should always focus on what is good in your child and always schedule a time for them to do something extra in that particular field. Always identify your child’s strength as you can use that to build your child’s self-esteem.
- Don’t Fix Everything For Them– Being a parent don’t be your child savior every time and do not fix everything in any situation. Do not become that person who they expect in every difficult situation. Make them independent enough in solving their problems is the main parenting idea. Being a parent this is the first best step in their children’s growth and development. A parent can start working on this goal by setting different tasks for the child, for example, brushing teeth, combing hair, wearing a school uniform, taking bath, etc.
- Always Schedule Some Quality Time For Them– Schedule some Quality time daily as it shapes your child’s personality. If they will not get this quality time, he/she is likely to develop an attention-seeking behavior. so for successful Parenting always take time off your hectic schedule, at least for a few minutes daily. The quality time you spend with your child helps you to make a stronger connection.
- Remember that punishment is not as effective as praise and rewards– Parents of our generation are coming to understand that punishment is psychologically damaging and ineffective at improving children’s behavior. on the other side, praise boosts your child’s self-esteem, confidence, and sense of self.
- No matter how old your children are, your praise and encouragement will help them feel good. A very small example of how it works is that children are more likely to repeat behavior that earns praise. If you’re using praise to change behavior, you can praise effort as well as their achievement.
- Say No To Comparison– Comparing your child with others is nothing but stressful for your child. Being a parent it is necessary to understand that no two children are the same they have different interests, talents, develop at different rates and have different strengths. As there is a saying that there is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time. So don’t be too harsh on your child. Comparing a child with his siblings and friends should not be any of the steps of good parenting.
- Monitor Your Child’s Use Of Internet– The stuff kids can access on the internet can be dangerous. In today’s world, the kids have never experienced a world without computers and the internet and texting, gaming, posting to social media are as natural to them as eating, breathing and sleeping. So parents have to be watchful in this case.
The parents have to be keen on their internet-based activities.No doubts if the internet has helpful aspects but it has bad effects as well.
- Be The Role Model Of Your Child– The child imitates his parents. The morals, beliefs, manners, behavior that a child learns from his parents prove to be the real way of his/her life. It means the habits, traits, virtues, nature whatever the child adopts during his childhood is never missed in his grown-up life. Your children will become who you are, so be who you want them to be.
Values are very important in parenting. and values provide clarity. Parents are more effective and clear when they know what they value for themselves and how those values influence what they want for their children.
- Teach Your Child To Manage His Emotions– Kids are born with emotions such as crying, frustration, hunger, and pain. But they learn about other emotions as they grow older. Good Parenting is parenting that protects against the development of anxiety, depression and other distress. The parents must make them teach to manage emotions. Giving children coping skills for their emotions is one of the most important tasks of parenting.
- Show your unconditional love, but do not pamper them– Always handle a situation with them through love, even when you have to confront your child, avoid blaming. Make sure the child understands all the different kinds of emotions he can feel. Your child also needs to know how to read the feelings/emotions of others. By being able to read the facial expressions and body language of others, your child can recognize how others are feeling and get a better understanding of how to interact with those individuals.
Good parents are playful parents who always remember how important it is to have fun with their kids.He/she is the one who instills values to be a strong role model.
Raising a kid is a complicated task. A true parent always sets some goals in his child’s nurturing. How much time do we spend on working towards that goal is the main task of good parenting.